TOPIC: Saturday

Saturday 8 years 10 months ago #1233

• Silverback
Musings of a non-athlete

Now you must try to imagine the dilemma I was faced with on Wednesday last, the previous Saturday’s sailing had gone reasonably well, (I thought so anyway!) I was looking forward to a repeat. The problem came when our favourite Irish person put temptation in my way. “Come and race in the big boats” All very grand, but many possibilities for embarrassment, I had become very comfortable with the only consequence of “non-athletic behaviour” was a soaking. However a race in the big boat….

I convinced myself that “Joining in” at the club was a much better idea, and with 5 Athletes and 5 “semi-athletes” Catsey making her first appearance on the water, Vassilis was running the show, an afternoons sport was guaranteed!

Chris and Yiannos were pretty much having it all their own way racing the short courses that the Coach was setting they were also only just behind the Juniors crossing the line, I tried to get in the way at least but it had been a very hard week, however I did successfully cut inside towards the windward mark to overtake the Commodore only to hit the mark with my boom on my gybe, then capsizing trying to do my penalty turn (I think that was about the fourth time!) and watching him sail away shaking his head! It was about 30 minutes later that my body decided that my aspirational semi-athlete description was quite wrong….fatboy fits my self-image and feels so much more comfortable.

The other brave semi-athletes obviously have better batteries than me, the fatboys’ (I and the boat) were both showered and packed and ready to go to sleep by the time they came in. The previously mentioned Chris and Yiannos full of their successes, Stella wore the broadest grin completing her first sailing racing session. They all make me sick…..

Fatboy!!!

Remember if you want to play you have to be there....13:00!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2021 Famagusta District Sailing Club Begafigo. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanicals, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of Begafigo sailing club.