TOPIC: Race results races 1 - 5

Race results races 1 - 5 10 years 7 months ago #140

• Silverback
:P Musings from an open boat.

Well I was in the country and it was my turn so OOD, luckily I had the assistance of Mr Williams – what a good egg…”Allright Dave” you had to be there!

So back to the main event, I remember speaking with Vassilis and saying how August racing is a non-event and here we had 9 intrepid competitors all looking at me…course…briefing…

A brief boat ride later the course was set the briefing delivered and an OOD desperately trying to remember the flags and the right order. When being an OOD it is important to realise that if you get a minor detail wrong one of your more helpful competitors will always willingly give assistance. My helpful competitor was Irish and the acting commodore…which really proves that you cannot beat hard luck!

We successfully got the racing away, and I was reduced to a spectator watching…particularly interesting is how far a 67 year old body will stretch, not too far thankfully as it started quite small, more flattering would be percentages….

Maybe I should have a go at that sailing malarkey…..
:P
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 2.927 seconds
© 2021 Famagusta District Sailing Club Begafigo. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanicals, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of Begafigo sailing club.